Championing Communities Where We Live and Operate
For us, being an active member of the communities where we operate is both an integral part of who we are and an ongoing commitment. From participating in regional events and causes to supporting education, children and the arts, we build meaningful relationships that help strengthen communities.
At each of our 11 manufacturing facilities, as well as the Corporate HQ and R&D Center, our people take part in a wide range of socially responsible events and sponsor great causes that benefit families and individuals in the communities we operate.
Here is a snapshot of our recent community involvement:
- Adopt-A-Highway — More than 20 volunteers from all areas of the facility worked the cleanup event held on October 16, 2017, and IPSCO contributed financially.
- Relay for Life — Our employees participated in the relay event, which raised money for cancer research and honored cancer survivors, and IPSCO contributed financially.
- YMCA Operation Backpack — Employees supported the YMCA’s Operation Backpack event by donating school supplies and new backpacks to benefit underprivileged children.
- Houston Fire Department’s Operation Stocking Stuffer — Employees participated in the Fire Department’s toy drive by donating new, unwrapped toys to benefit underprivileged children.
- Steel Safety Day — IPSCO annually participates in this event and hosts various community representatives from organizations like the Houston Fire Department to speak on topics related to creating a safe work environment. Events are held at each of the 12 IPSCO locations.
- Friendship Summit — IPSCO sent its first team to take part in the Friendship Summit at the invitation of the Sinarsky Pipe Plant in Russia where our employees participated in various teambuilding activities with their Russian colleagues.
- Horizons International Forum in Sochi – Applied Research Conference — The event brought together employees from the Russian, U.S., European, and Middle Eastern divisions companies that are under PAO TMK umbrella. The event enables employees to meet senior leadership of PAO TMK and to forge strong working relationships across the whole of PAO TMK.